Friday 23 September 2016

A Bear Encounter

Remember I said I was going off on my own for a stroll? Well, I decided to do a walk called The Valley Trail as it looked fairly easy and it was still raining a little. It took me along good tracks beside a forest and around Alta Lake. Strolling along, minding my own business, when I glanced to my left and about 50yds away in the forest was a very large black bear! We looked at each other, my heart racing and just about to go into a major panic, and he just ambled off. What a moment......never forget it. No photo I'm afraid.....too scared. I got myself onto the main road and started to walk towards what I thought was Whistler, but must admit I was a little lost. Came across some chaps building a house overlooking the lake, asked the way back and was told it was at least an hours walk! Looked a bit pathetic and this lovely guy called Mike, who was a carpenter (how weird was that) offered to drive me back to Whistler in his truck. The following photos are some I took walking around Whistler afterwards trying to calm myself after quite a scary experience!
When I returned to the hotel and mentioned the episode to Robyn she was not amused!! Chastised me for wandering off on my own......!! Anyway, still in one piece I am glad to report.




No comments:

Post a Comment