Sunday 25 September 2016

Vancouver.......farewell to Canada

We arrived in Vancouver yesterday. The largest city in Western Canada, Vancouver has a picture-perfect setting perched on the edge of the Pacific Rim and backed by mountains dusted with snow.
Feels like we really are in a different world now, a long way apart from the rural settings of Jasper and Clearwater, but an interesting city all the same. The locals are in a real height of excitement today as William and Kate are here and a lot of the roads were closed this morning. Myself and a couple of others decided to go to Granville Island for the morning, and then came back to do a good walk along the sea wall all around the perimeter of the city. Now sitting with a cuppa in my room finishing my blog before dinner.  Oh yes, forgot to mention that I am on the 31st floor.......yes, 31st. Wonderful views from my room over the city and sea, but have not been tempted to go out on my balcony. Have had far too much excitement on this holiday already!






That will teach me not to ask for a high room again!
Tomorrow morning I pack my suitcase for the last time and say farewell to Canada. We fly home tomorrow evening. My journey across the Rockies has been an absolutely amazing experience and one I shall never forget. The scenery has been stunning from start to finish, and I shall have an abiding memory of my 'bear encounter'!
I hope those friends and family who have been following my blog enjoyed travelling with me.
Pauline.......tell Harvey I shall be home soon.....x

No comments:

Post a Comment