Sunday 25 September 2016

Peak to Peak


Well, this holiday is certainly helping me with my aversion to heights! Yesterday morning before we left Whistler we did the Peak2Peak, which involved catching a cable car to the top of Whistler Mountain, from where you step on the Peak2Peak, a four and a half km long gondola ride to the top of Blackcomb Mountain. We had excellent views (if I was brave enough to look out the window), and I tried not to think about the fact that I was dangling 4,000ft up!! The people who were with me kept me busy chatting, and I was very pleased with myself having done it without having a major panic!!




After living that experience we left Whistler and followed the Sea to Sky corridor south to Vancouver. The upgrading of this road was instrumental in securing the bid for the 2010 Winter Olympics, and was quite spectacular to see the dramatic mountain peaks and ocean vistas along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment